AuthorMessage
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse
Career Path: Scum

PostSubject: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse   Sat 17 Jul - 13:40

A simple re-introduction

'The bounty on this butcher should hold me a good year,' she thought to herself. 'He killed hundreds at the prisons and thousands at the mines.'
Checking in at the bakery, she got another confirming story. So far, his identity was matched by two guardsmen, the repair technician, half a dozen street scum, and now the baker. This was definately him.

"Lady Astera," the guardsman's voice called, "The man you were looking for... I found him. Wasn't there a reward?"
"Yes, but after I confirm it."
"He is just like in the picture. I know it’s him. If he’s that dangerous…”
Snapping a glance, the bounty hunter growled, “The reward is after I have him.”

She had drawn her rifle to get a better look through the scope. He really didn’t look like much. Simple build, not very athletic. He sat eating bread, probably nothing on it. He did look stressed. She glanced again at the picture.
‘Well, the cheekbones seem to match. A little make up could mask the eyes. Those lips… not lined this time. Yeah. That’s him. It’s definitely him.’
The guardsman became uneasy. “You gonna shoot him? I thought this was an arrest. Ain’t he workin’ for an inquisitor?”
“Yes,” she popped back, “he is with the inquisition. Doesn’t change what he did or the price on his head. The Faulkorie smugglers want him gone.”
“He don’t seem like a butcher right now. Ain’t it heresy to kill a member of the inquisition?”
She snapped the safety off. One round from her custom bolt rifle, and she’d have no more worries. This guardsman was right… How did he kill all those people? No matter. She honed her aim in.
“Ain’t you gonna give him a chance to surrender?”
“They want him dead,” she replied as her target became perfectly aligned in the reticules. As she began to touch the trigger, something touched inter the small of her back.

“Ma’am, you are herby notified of your wanton intended heresy. I, D’Jeh’Aemme Deirrus, do herby place you into the custody of the inquisition for intended murder and intended murder of an inquisitor.” He mind went blank. She started to turn for a better look, but heard the click of the auto rifle touching her. It all started to make sense now. THIS is how he killed all those people. He was one of THEM the whole time. “Return your safety, and unhand your weapon. I will fire, you know.”
“You got them all to lie for you… You bastard…” Her thumb clicked the false safety on the rifle.
“Nobody lied for me. I have been following you for three days now. We’ve met many times.” He sounded almost amused… he was… MOCKING her…
“Well… this is it,” she said in a weak voice as she released the rifle, but not the strap. She shifted to look and rise. One glance, and she could get a shot.
Until she had that glance…

The rifle pressed to her back was not the real threat. He had it loosely held in one hand, with his fingers far from the trigger. In the other hand, he had a package with a timer showing four bright red zeros, and the button already pushed. She froze for just a moment. Death would come either way…
But in that moment, he was able to kick the rifle from her lose grip. She relinquished, and yielded, but asked, “How?”

“I am anybody and everybody,” D’Jeh’Aemme explained, “I am those you see, and those you do not. Anyone you talk to, anyone you buy from. They can all be me. I am the whisper, not the secret. You, however, are guilty only of brandishing a weapon in public. Just a light fine on this world. Come with me.”
She never saw him again… at least… not that she knew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse
Career Path: Scum

PostSubject: Re: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse   Sat 24 Jul - 2:33

The hundreds at the prisons was Roth and the guard riot.
The thousands at the mines was the shuttle crash and the rioting.
... and for some reason, people wanna blame litle ol' me for all that ruckus... Sad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heretics :: The Archives :: The Calixis Sector :: Scintilla :: Hive Sibellus and the Tricorn Fortress-
Jump to: