The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scythia
Career Path: Imperial Psyker

PostSubject: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Sat 17 Jul - 18:42

Freedom… she had expected to be more fun, she was used to the cold of space… But she hadn’t been expecting it to be so lonely.
With a pouted Scythia leaned heavily against the cold view port as her transport traveled toward malfi. She sighed and let her pale blue finger trace over the brand on her face. Her veil she wore most of the time now itched terrible. She hadn’t expected to miss her friends so much...She sighed and hoped her coded message got through... She grinned a bit thinking of Roth’s response... and how D would react. Idle she opened the lock box where she kept all the little ‘gifts’ that Scythan had sent her. She smiled softly as she let a pale blue finger pet the scalps softly. She needed her minion. He was loyal he was smart and strong. She sighed again she hate being alone. “Just wait my precious Scythan... “She whispered tenderly to the contents of the box... “Your goddess has not forgotten you... “ She closed the box tucking it away as she watched her destination come into view. With a long suffering sigh she drew her veil across her head and face so only like violet eyes peered out of her pale blue face.
Without much so much as a second look she slipped into the throng of Malfi eyes humming softly to her as she walked in to the scorpions nest with her child like wonder in search for the only true believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Into the Scorpion's nest   Sat 17 Jul - 19:39

Malfi has consumed more than one lost soul.

Proverbs say that travelers have taken a wrong turn here and been lost to the Imperium. But for those wishing to be lost, Malfi is an easy place to do it.

Even as Scythia steps off the lander, she's already become lost in the crowd, swept down through darkened avenues flanked by broad twisting towers. It's easy to do, and Scythia has never had much experience with hive crowds. Vendors signal her out, shoving their wares towards her, and leering faces make lewd suggestions.

But Scythan was here, somewhere. And he managed to find someone to send a package for him, someone that didn't ask questions, and was able to smuggle the box past curious customs officers and the Inquisition itself. That's a small list.

It's not much. But it might be enough.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Sat 17 Jul - 20:12

Sycthia only was vaugely aware that she needed to hide.. perphas thats why it was easier..
it should occur to her that hords of inquistion were on their way but instead of feeling their hot breath on her neck she enjoyed the breeze from none ship air. She marveled at the symphony of human noise. She grinned behind her veil at the variety of humanity before her eyes.. Even the lowly and horrors of human nature were not above inspection... though she didn't mind making that pickpocket crumple to the ground in agony for stealing...
After all.. wicked was wicked.. and Ophelia always said Its Only stealing if someone sees you... and well she saw him.. He must be punished.
It wouldn't be hard to single her out for a keen eye.. not many people walk the way she does.. Even in this crowd she strolls as if ambling threw a garden instead of a human throng..she eyes the merchants curiously and glances at thei wares.. But buys nothing. she looks into leering face and the smile that creeps into those violet eyes would give a cautious man pause. and if they aren't wise enough to be catious about their hands or person, then the pain she gives them does...
But she never stops moving..like slow moving smoke.. drifting threw the streets.
She was looking for someone.. someone that didn't stick out.. somone that didn't try to get her attention.. somone like D!.. she giggled to herself as she tried to think what Ophielia or D would do.. her humming melody became slow melodic as the rythm of her thoughts changed... She moved further in... Whoever she was looking for would not be waiting by the gate. but Scythan would have had to stay cloaked and hidden as she was... he would not have wanted to be crushed in the main street. so she instead tried to think like her precious minion.. and shifted to strolling threw the shadows.. without fear, without worry. She was the Flame. the light..A goddess, what did a little dark and a few non-believer hold for her that she could not defeat.
If Scythan thought her a goddess she best not disappoint him. with a deep breath she let her mind reach out towards the ether.. letting fate play its card, and give the frist clue to where she should be. (precognition)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Foreshadowing   Sat 17 Jul - 21:24

(Successfully manifested) Scythia walks through the shadowed side streets of Malfi, letting the hum of future moments guide her. Vague images, feelings, no more than a few moments in the future, but perhaps enough to offer a guide.

Words, feelings, then a voice. The voice grows clearer and more substantial in her mind as the moment approaches. "Yes, I might know someone.. Ofcourse I'll..." An image now as well. It can't be far in the future. Pausing at the mouth of an alley, Scythia waits, listening.... Then there it is, softly from behind, carefully placed footsteps. She knows her face without turning. Small, wirey, her hair tangled and her face smudged with dirt but a sharp, dangerous, glint in her eye.

Ah. Her guide presents herself.
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Sun 18 Jul - 0:33

And with a smile that only Scythia can possess she turns.. the humming stops.
With a tilt of the head and a blink of those strange eyes she inspects the woman, much the way a dog looks cockeyed at something.
and in a happy pleasent tone. "Ohh good. yes.. yes I believe it is you. Wonderful! hello.. I believe I need you assistants."

She stopped a respectfull distance away her cloak and skirt swishing slightly as she clapped her hands together lightly like a delighted child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Caught in the act   Sun 18 Jul - 16:24

The girl stops, a puzzled expression on her face.

"Excuse...I mean. How'd you.. hear me? No one ever hears me. Yous got some kinda sensor or somethin'?" The girl is young, 13, 14 maybe, and malnourished. For a moment she seems confused about what to do, then a sly smile creeps across her face.

"'Course I'd be happy to help you, your ladyship. For a price, and such.."

She's a Malfian alright.
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Sun 18 Jul - 18:56

she smiled brightly and though it couldn't really be seen behind her veil the happy giggling laughter dance in the air..*"Of course there is a price my dear.. Isn't there always? now what shall yours be..."she looked the poor girl over a bit[/color]*"I am looking for my true believer. He sent me a package that was smuggled past customes and off this planet. If I can find the person who he hired to send it for him I my be able to find him. So I need a guide. So either you can guide me to the messanger..or guide me to the guide.. which ever you are capable of, i have coin and barter if you prefer"

And again the fates have provided. and poor starving girl in need of assistants as well. Providence was kind to believers. Oh and out of the mouths of babes... .... well something out of their mouths..though really babies were rather droolly.. or maybe it was in the mouths of childeren..*sigh* she was going to have work on these inspriational sayings if she was going to be a goddess. she could just go around saying..yay the cleverness of me... she wasn't a five year old.
she need to be inspiring to the believers and terrifing to the non-believers. She need to find scythan He would know what to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: From the mouths of children... lean, scraggly, murderous children.   Sun 18 Jul - 21:13

The girl chews her lip, and scuffs a dirty boot on the cobblestone, tucking her hands behind her belt in a thoughtfull manner.

"Yes I might know someone. A mover, huh? That kinda expertise gets 'spensive." She says it with the air of someone who knows all the workings of the universe.

She scrutinizes you for a moment, then assertively declares "A hundred thrones, and I'll take you to the right folks. Best movers on Malfi, if you has the gelt."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Sun 18 Jul - 21:37

She grins a bit and tilts her head*"one hundred then.. fifty now.. and fifty after you have taken me to the movers. and should it be the right one then a bonus of another fifty. Seems fair to me" she flipped back her cloak her dark clinging dress swishes a bit as she steps forward to shake the girls hand*"We have a bargain then."She waits to shake to seal the deal and motions her onward*"let us begin!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: half now, two thirds later.   Sun 18 Jul - 21:51

The girl blinks. "hundred... fifty?" When you pull the 50 thrones, she looks awestruck. Clearly this girl has never seen 50 thrones all in the same place at the same time. And a hundred fifty is more than she would get in a year of working this street.

"Ofcourse your Ladyship... Ofcourse I can show you the way. Err follow me, I'll take you to the very best."

The girl moves quickly, silently down the alley, and pauses at the end "Err... Does.. well I hope it won't offend your ladies sensibilities, but we'll be needing to go into a pretty rough sorta place. Sort of a... gambling hall. Rougher types there, sometimes mutants too. Hope you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Sun 18 Jul - 21:55

*she waves a hand and pulls her veil aside just a bit so the girl can see the smile and winks a bit*"never dear my child. i have no problems with the rough and I rather like to gamble. The men have more to fear of me then I of them."she giggles and hides her face again*"perphas if you join me I will teach you how" and once again strolling along sa if the sun was shining and the birds were singing.. She once again began to hum her merry tune.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 0:07

As Scythia walks the young girl attempts to make small talk.

"Why do you keep your face hidden? Some kinda mutant? Don't worry, I don't mind. I had a friend who was a mutant, but I haven't seen him in a while. He lived down below..." Her voice trails off a bit. "We're almost there"

She's taken Scythia down through a labyrinth of confusing streets, heading deeper into the Hive, oftimes popping through interior hallways, and more than once taking shortcuts through tenement blocks, and on one memorable occaision one seemed to be someone's kitchen. It suddenly occurs to her that she won't be able to find her way back on her own. The map that she downloaded into her Data Slate is next to useless down here. It certainly doesn't show what kitchens one should take shortcuts through.

"There. At the end of this street." The girl points. At the mouth of this dark street, there's a well lit doorway. Outside of it, two men and a woman lean against the wall, smoking Lho sticks and chatting quietly with themselves. Another group of four, two men, and two women are chatting, drinking, and smoking a few meters down from them.

The woman looks at the young girl and laughs sharply "Ho there, Sneak don't come in unless you have money. I know your tricks too well."

The young girl (Sneak?) looks at her and swallows sharply "I have money. But I'm not here to bet. I've brought work. Someone for the Flit-Runners"

The woman arches an eyebrow and looks at Scythia for the first time. "Yeah? Allright. Come on in. But the only purse I see your fingers in ought to be your own Sneak."

One of the men opens the door wide for you and nods his head.

The gambling hall, as Sneak called it, is larger by far than one would've guessed by the exterior. There's a large pit in the center of the room. Sounds of laughter, shouting, and some sort of high pitched cry can be heard from within it. Crowds have gathered around it, packed so close it's impossible to see past them. Something from the nature of the cries tells you that perhaps you don't want to see. Snaking through the crowd are servers taking orders and delivering drinks. Ringing the rest of the room are card tables, and dice games. Across from you, such as you would have to circle around the pit to get to it, there's a group of individuals gathered around a huge man sprawled across a re-purposed pilots chair. He has a drink in his hand and is eyeing the action in the pit with extreme attention.

Sneak points at the man. "It's him as you want to talk to. I'll take my money now if you please."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Into the nest   Mon 19 Jul - 11:23

*she shrugs at the girl* "I have to hide my face, I got into some trouble and some people are looking for me."
*she smiles a bit as she follows along, and as she walks she does realize she would never find our way out. but was only mildly concerned. she takes a deep breath in the kitchen and sighs*
"Perphas when we are there I will buy us dinner. I find I am a bit hungry."

she follows and looks at the people curious as sneak speaks to the people and leads them in. and looks about
the humming stops as she looks in, Looking at the rough lot she sighs and wishes Roth was here. This would be SO much more
fun if Roth strolled in. Watching people scurry and shake before the deathbringer was always entertaining. And so much easier to see what people were made of.

She looks at the man in the chair and back and sneak she crouched down so that she was eye to eye to the girl. pulling her viel away so she can see her face she smiled as she got the money out from beneath her cloak.. keeping the location of her purse hidden..
After all Ophelia always told her if you made it easy for the theif you deserved to be robbed.

"Here you are my dear little sneak. but if you want that bonus you must wait to see if its the right mover.. "she smiles and winks again..* "and you have done a good job.. Perphas if you interested I might have another offer.. and this one would me that you never go hungry."
as she moved around the pit only mildly curious as to what was going in. her height gave her some advantage to seeing into the pit but if wasn't a simple task of looking in she would wait till later.. she moved so she was within line of sight.. Some instinct told her to step carefully.. she made sure her blade was able to clear the scabbard.. and that her power was easily brought to bare.

Once directly in his line of vision. "Good Day.. I would speak with you on some buisness I have. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 13:42

The girl looks at you and then at the man in the chair. She sighs "I'll be outside. Come find me when you're done."

The man in the chair, tears his eyes away from the action in the pit and looks at you for a moment.

"And what is it you think I can do for you?" He says in a raspy voice.
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 13:47

*she smiled politely but kept her posture straight.

"I am looking for my true believer.. He would have sent a package to me from here. It would have had to pass coustomes and to the inquisition unmolested.. No small task. "she pulls out her box to show*" he would have been tall.. slender, dangerous.. and kept himself hidden by most."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 14:35

You're vaguely aware of the presence of a, small nervous gentlemen watching you and the man to whom you're speaking. He seems to mean you no harm, and is simply waiting his turn to speak. He's of no mind.

The large man in the chair, leans forward to look at the box "Past the Inquisition you say? It's true, not often we get such a chance to test our skills. I think I remember the one of whom you speak. We've had some dealings since then." He eyes you shrewdly "Of course it would be horribly unethical of me to reveal his location...."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 14:41

She sighs and tilts her head looking at him*"well I suppose I could pay you a great deal of money.. or I could tell you that I am his mistress and he wants me to find him.. or I could threaten you life.."she smiles brightly and shrugs holding her hands out as she laughs a bit*'which ever you would preffer.. what ever makes this fast and easy.

She glances as the other fellow and winks a bit. the itching on her face was getting unbearrable so she moved her mask aside.as she waited patiently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 14:47

It grows quiet. The man looks at you as if he doesn't know whether to laugh or be insulted. But as you slide the veil aside, his face changes.

"I think I'll take what money you care to offer, and be well rid of you and your friend, my Lady."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    Mon 19 Jul - 15:01

*she opens her cloak and puts her hands on her hip and nods*"wonderful.. Its good to know you as smart as I was hoping.. alright.. I want to know where my true believer is.."she stepped forward and smiles brightly. "lets see... 300? "she shurgs a bit not exactly sure how much getting me out of your hair quickly is worth to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling    

Back to top Go down

The Burning Princess.... The spark and the kindling
Page 1 of 1