Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Xerxes
Career Path: Assassin

PostSubject: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 22 Jul - 18:10

The dust from the lander settles and the cargo door opens up onto a landing platform in Gun Metal City.

Xerxes is standing in front of the door dressed once more in his wealthy appearing attire, cloak and all. His tool strapped to his forearm and hidden completely from view. "Thanks for the lift captain." He smiles. Turning to his two companions, "Well shall we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scythia
Career Path: Imperial Psyker

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 22 Jul - 18:14

She strolls down of the platform in her usall way smiling a bit as she makes sure her viel is secure*"lets go.. as much as I love space travel its good to be out and about again."she nods to them both and begins to make her way.. once away from the captain*"I don't know about you two.. but I want a hot bath.. a warm meal and some fresh cloths.. "she looks at sneak*"what do you say sneak.. shall i get you some new boots?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 22 Jul - 18:20

"I know I could use a hot bath as well." He says like he's suggesting something else a bit more risque. "But I suppose going shopping first for a bit couldn't hurt." He laughs, strolling down the ramp after her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 22 Jul - 18:28

"well yes and it might give us an idea where to start looking for him"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 22 Jul - 18:30

Xerxes nods, "Fair enough. Let's head to the market and ask around."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AST_Beca
Assistant Story Teller

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:09

You stroll through the landing area, cheep goods and last minute souvenirs and children about sneaks age hawking their services as guides and bag carriers. Sneak ignores them all, looking around for a certain kind of person that doesn't make as much noise. She tugs on Scythia's sleeve and points out a tall moppy haired fellow standing just to the side of the crowd. He leans casually against the rockcreat wall, coat loose on his thin frame, but he looks like he could spring into action at a moment's notice if need be.\

"We should hire him." says Sneak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:12

Showing some trust in the little child, Xerxes walks up to the man. "How much for your help as a guide?" He asks casually, skipping straight to business. His hands remain at his side, but he too is prepared to move if need be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AST_Beca
Assistant Story Teller

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:19

"You don't waste anytime do you?" his voice is gruff and low. "Who says I'm for hire?"

Sneak bumps you a little. *Not like that* she whispers. to him she says, "Well, you're either for hire, you know someone who is, or you're lookin for marks. Since we ain't marks, you'd be smart to take the work we have. It's honest work, pay you good."

The thin man looks over the girl and grins. He's missing more than a few teeth, and the effect is lightly menacing. "Ain't you a peach? Could use another young one like you on my team. Least while you got fire in ya." He looks at Xerxes, "She yours? I'll pay ya fair."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:30

Xerxes chuckles, "Not for sale. But, I'll pay you more than you'd get from any of these young thiefs you have prowling the docks, and I think you know the area far better than anybody else around here, otherwise you wouldn't be in charge. Am I wrong?" He adds with a smirk. "Or you can tell us who is better."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AST_Beca
Assistant Story Teller

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:40

"My girls ain't thieves. But since yours isn't for sale, head to a bar called the Vault. Ask for Verbal. He's the best." He gives you some basic directions and land marks. "And if you change your mind, you know where to find me." His eyes never leave the crowd, watching for opportunities. Watching his girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:45

Xerxes nods and flips the man 25 thrones, "Thanks, and where might I find this bar?" He asks politely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:57

For once in her life Scythia manages to be silent.. actually its not that.. mostly its because she is to distracted by something shinny soone is selling across the way.. but she was sticking close to Sneak.. at the mans offer to buy her..scythina begins to consider what his insides would look like on his outsides and on fire.. But since he was protecting his 'girls' she decided she didn't have time to pick up that many strays right off the boat..so she just stands there feeling a bit useless and instead watches her two helpers her veil still in place.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AST_Beca
Assistant Story Teller

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 18:58

He snatches the money bag out of the air, gives it a heft, and puts it in an inside pocket the repeats the directions. Up, down, right left. Look for the big round metal door with the hatch handle. "Used to be an amo vault, back when the factory works were this way. Now it's a bar."

Sneak repeats the directions back at him, asks a few questions about local gang marks and territory. You can tell she's getting the lay of the land as only lower hive scum can do. After a few minutes conversation, she slips him some funds and says, "We were never here." And heads off toward the Vault.

Once out of earshot of the thin man, she turns to Xerxes. "You gotta stop bein so conpicuos. You keep flashin funds around like that an' you're gonna get us noticed. We gotta get you both new clothes." She heads for the second hand booths near the end of the station, looking for a clothing merchant and settling on the least stand out one of the bunch. She dives into the piles and starts pulling out pants and shirts and coats and dresses that seem like they might fit either of you. Settling on two changes for each, she shoves the pile toward the merchant. "How much?" haggling ensues, with a final price of 10 thrones. She looks at you expectantly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 19:04

He follows her around, a smirk plain on his face. When she looks at him expectantly he easily hands the money to the shop owner. "Not exactly what I'm accostumed too." He says examing the clothes, "But, you're right." He adds a quick wink to the little girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 19:09

*she poutes... yes poutes as she looks at them..."awww " but thats all she does and picks up the cloths that are sopppose to be hers*"ok.. but seriously I do need fresh socks."she smiles behind her veil*"and a new viel.. this thing is killing me."*she sighs and looks around again eyeing a stand with pretty shiny trinkets..proably way over priced and not worth anything*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AST_Beca
Assistant Story Teller

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 19:15

There are socks in both bundles, and a much less ceremonial looking veil in Scythia's. Sneak looks you both over, tweaking, ripping, tucking and smoothing until you both look like you belong in the middle hive. Just another face. Once she's happy she sets off for the Vault again, slipping through the crowd. Her path seems to diverge a bit from the directions the thin man gave, but you eventually arrive at a large round metal door. It looks just like described, an old amo vault that's now a bar. It smells like good food and cold beer and shady dealings.

Inside, she takes a booth and sits with her back to the wall and the room opening out around her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 19:17

Xerxes follows her gaze, and laughs, leaning down he whispers, "Nothing says tourist like expensive fake jewelry. Sneak is right, we need to lay low for a bit." He smiles, taking her by the hand and following Sneaks lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 19:22

*she makes a face at him*"I wasn't gonna wear it!.. that would be stupid and vain.. I just like having things.. I really like crystals.."she shrugs a bit as she goes and sighs in relief at the socks and the new viel*"thanks.."she didnt seem to much mind.. and her humming started back up as they made their way in.. but softer..a slow creeping tune. working esaily in the rythm of their walking.. She doesn't speak until they are sitting down*"Ohhh.. Can I have a beer?"she asked the table..as if she needed permission.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 23 Jul - 19:25

Xerxes nods, "Yeah, good idea, I think I'll have one too." He smiles down at Sneak, "what about you kid?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sat 24 Jul - 0:04

And looking arounnd she heads to the bar and gets a few beers putting the money on the counter..she takes them back to the table and looks at them*"should we ask somone about verbal? or should we eat frist?"she looks around*"the bartender proably knows if he is a regular"she grins a bit*"I am assuming you both don't want me to ask the guy.. but I can if you want."she snickers a bit
and takes a moment trying to figure out how to move her veil and drink her beer and after a moment she manages to adjust it till she can easily slip the bottle underneath it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sat 24 Jul - 2:22

Sneak nods. "Place seems clean enough, but I'll still take my chances with the beer. Never know how the good the water is in a new sector of a city. 'Sides some places take it as an insult. I'll go ahead an' make the order. I wanna ask couple questions anyhow."

With that she slips away from the table and easily makes her way through the crowd to the bar. The bartender leans over the bar to ask her a question. She replies, he laughs. Sneak returns to the table with three beers.

She hops back into the booth. "Try this. It's the house brew, and he seems proud of it. I didn't want to risk insultin' him by declinin' it. Anyhow, he said we'll know Verbal when he comes in. Whatever that means."

The beers not bad. Not as good as Xerxes may be used to, but as far as what you usually get in a dive like this, One could do much worse. It's served cold though, not an easy feat in this hell hole. It speaks well of them, and well of whichever generator this sector is hooked up to.

After a few minutes of contemplation and crowd watching, a shout goes up in the room.

"Verbal!" several voices cry, as a wirey lean little rat-faced man with a huge grin slides into the room.

"Ladies, gents, saints and sinners, have I a damned story for you lot. Sub-level 3 just fell into the damned crater, nearly takin' this devout, law abidin' citizen of the Emperor with it, and burn me for a heretic if I'm lyin'. Now I think a misadventure like that deserves one of these thrice-blessed beers of yours, my friend" This last, directed to the bartender, who grins in return and slides a beer across to him.

"Well," says Sneak. "I suppose that's why they call him Verbal. Careful. If he's as good as the man in the market said, all that talkin' might be to put you at ease."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sat 24 Jul - 2:37

*she lets sneak take lead and is enjoying the beer, as she watches the crowd.. humanity was her favorite form of entertainment after all.. She was grinning and smoother a giggle by the end of Verbal's speech and looks at her two compaions*

"well personally I like someone who is a bit Verbouse"she shurgs and watches him*"I suppose somone should make introductions.. sneak.. since you seem to have a handle on this.. Why don't you.. Perphas Xerxes and I are a little.. out of our respective elements on this one."

*she smiles a bit and goes back to her beer watch verbal with interest. Wondering what Scythan would have thought of the man.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sat 24 Jul - 15:38

Xerxes is fine to let the little girl handle the introductions as he sits back and sips his beer. "I'm curious to hear this story of his, Sneak, why don't you invite him to come over and have a drink with us?" He smiles knowingly to the little girl and winks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sun 25 Jul - 0:20

Sneak moves off and intercepts Verbal at the bar. She speaks to him, and a few moments later he's following her back to the table.

With a warm smile, he extends a hand in greeting. "Afternoon friends, your young one told me you might be interested in making my acquaintence, and maybe hearing a story or two. Emperor knows I'll be tellin' the stories anyhow, long as the beer stays cold, and I've always liked havin' a willin' audience as opposed to.. well whatever the other would be. Mind if I have a seat?" He pauses to take a breath, his eyes moving quickly over Xerxes, Scythia, their clothes, and their surroundings. Doesn't miss much, this one.

"Well now, so you know I'm Verbal, and she's Sneak, but what should I call the two of you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: wretched Hive of Scum and villianary.. 'we must be catious.. lets buy a beer!'   Sun 25 Jul - 1:57

*behind her viel she smiles and nods her head a bit*"You may call me Merder.. its a pleasure to meet you Verbal.."she motions to the seat*"please do sit.. I love a good story."she nods and shifts a bit in her seat as if excited to hear one and looks at xerxes for a moment. but her gaze shifts back to verbal as she resists the urge to do anything to fun at the moment.. there was business to be handled.. fun would come in time.

she was relaxed and interested in her surroundings... no amount of scum or villianary was going to make her worry.. after all.. scythia is nuts and fully believes that she could destroy this building with a thought.. this sort of brings with it a kind of over confidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   

Back to top Go down

7.19 Three new arrivals
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next