Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 21:53

Verbal nods to the two men. "Dakka. Red... Still fucking with the lift yet eh? No no, S'allright, gives me a minute to brief our new friends." He turns and crosses his arms, all business.

"Right. So last night while I was waiting for this lot to sober up.. " He jerks his head at the other two "I put together a plan. I've got some contacts among the local gangs down in the Infernis, and we're gonna meet with one of 'em. Her name's Scarlet. Carefull with her. She gathers information, and she's damned good at it. She was born off-world but she's almost as good a shot as a local girl, and that's a damned high compliment, and a fact you'd best remember. So what I'm saying is, don't give her cause to not trust you. Not that she's like to anyway, trust is a luxury in the Infernis.

So plan is, we avoid as many of the gangs as we can, and meet with Scarlet. If she doesn't know anything, we'll try another contact, and so on. If there's trouble, you lot stay back and let us handle it, untill the bullets start flying. At that point, I'd recommend ducking. As a defensive strategem it's totally unreliable, but very reassuring."
He winks.

"Any questions from you lot? If not, Red'll probably be done fucking around with the lift control any minute now, and we can be on our merry way down to hell."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scythia
Career Path: Imperial Psyker

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 22:02

*no matter how she tried however.. Scythia couldn't changer her nature.. she gasped suddenly grapping the nearest person.. proably D and doubled over slightly holding her head.. as she tried to catch her breath.. It wasn't always so easy to turn it off.. after trying not to wretch at the overload..and the pain of too much to fast and suddenly understanding how many people there were on this world she gasped and coughed. after a momment she regained herself and rolled her shoulder*"wow that sucked.. ok.. not to self don't do that again."she said and rubbed her eyes...

she followed behind everyone mostly because she strolled and she liked to look at things.. when they got to the lift she listened to verbal.. (not that she ever rememebers) and nodded her consent.. she took a deep breath and smirks*"hey, "she looks at D*"this seems familar.. didn't you take me down a dark hole once before?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse
Career Path: Scum

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 22:12

"So, this should be a pleasant jaunt down the classy neighborhood, neh? Just so you know, Scy, I will be a tad out of my element. The guys I used to work for liked me because I was their link out. <sigh> Head down is my motto. Hey, Dakka... Dakka? That sounds... Anyway, what can you tell me about the local gangs?"

Testing the mind-set, I do not have peer-criminal.

"And, Combana, we're in a hive. You are SO lucky it's morning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 22:20

*she sticks her tounge out at D though you cant really see since her viel is in the way*"your sympathy is overwehelming." She shoulders him a bit and falls silent for a moment as she contemplates something.. wondering idle what would happen with that many people in such a tightly confine space if the place was burning.. She giggled as she imagined the ants runing about madly trying to escape.. they would proably trample each other .. *giggle* hehehehe silly little bugs.*((yepp.. still a crazy biotch))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 22:25

"...by Nergal you're one sic..." - barely spoken

Last edited by Wombat on Wed 28 Jul - 23:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelled it wong.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Xerxes
Career Path: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 22:53

Xerxes follows the group pulling four rebreathers from his pack and handing one to each of his companions and taking the last for himself. He smiles, "I picked these up on the way here, they will work."

Faulty equipment can kill in a place like this and Verbal's still on my shit list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 23:10

*whispering back to D*'yeah but who is worse.. me for being sick.. or you for being my friend and liking me anyway."

*she takes the rebreather and puts it on with a smile since it replaces the rebreather and she makes sure her gear is secure and her boots are on tight.. *"I have some of those glow rods I bought back at the mine..they may still work. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 23:17

The one known as Dakka, is a lean, gaunt figure. But from the way he handles the pack, plus the heavy gun and ammo, he's stronger than he looks.

As D speaks he considers him for a moment, looking at him as if seeing him for the first time. When he speaks, he does so slowly and quietly.

"In the Infernis, there's not much to do but fight. Gang warfare is just a way of life. They fight for fun, for territory, for each others guns. With the territory comes the salvage rights to anything in it. Most times they sell salvage rights to people like us. Don't have time for it. Too busy dying themselves." He simply stops there, apparently feeling that he's said all that need be said on the subject.

If ever there was an opposite to Verbal, it's this guy.
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: hot night on the town.   Wed 28 Jul - 23:27

*she giggles again as apperently some other thought pops in her head and she nudges D*"see I take you to all the exciting places.."she winks and heads towards the lift*"lets go.. i am getting bored.. this should be fun.!" She rocked gentle back and forth on her feet and heels stopping once to look at sneak*"if anything happens get behind me ok?"she rufflers her hair*"I will protect you don't worry." she shifted her pack as she waited almost impatiently eager to be on the way.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 23:38

'... definately Dethek for a reason...'

"Kay. This place sounds as bad as home. And I don't hear any hydropons... Remember, people are sometimes 'Salvage'. Let's roll. Oh, thanks, D."

D puts on the rebreather from his own pack. He also adds the emergency pellet, but does not light it off yet. 'Never know when you're gonna need it. Better safe them dead.'

This wasn't in his report. He didn't know in time. He considers the thought of spreading word that they left planet, but he would have needed time for that. For being the scum of humanity, he actually didn't like these types of places. They often have too few people, and more open space. He hated that. The people needed to be watched CLOSELY, but he learned that step as a baby. We'd have to see how this goes. He NEEDS to keep Scythia from getting too excited...

"I'm more sick... but you got the totally wrong reason."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 28 Jul - 23:46

*she shrugs nochalantly*"yeah.. but I don't care. I like you the way you are. besides I am not as bad as all that" ((yeah right!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 0:19

(No, Scythia is worse Very Happy)

The other team member finishes with the lift and nods to Verbal, rolling up the tool bag, and slipping the combi tool into a belt.

"Then with that, I think it's time to go." He gestures the party into the lift, and slides the metal grate down. It's plenty large for everyone. In some distant time it was probably used for shipping munition crates, scrap metal or perhaps teams of middle hive workers for the forge. Really just another kind of freight.

Once everyone is on, Red throws the switch, and the lift rumbles down into the Infernis.

The lift is travelling for a while. Verbal and his team check their gear, and flip down their visors. Dakka keeps his eyes on a chronometer.

The air begins to grow hotter as the lift continues to descent. Dakka is counting the seconds to himself quietly. He holds up five fingers towards Red, and slowly counts them down. He makes a fist, and Red manually throws the switch on the lift. It comes to a shaking, shuddering halt. Verbal slips his fingers under the grate and yanks up forcibly. Before you stands a hallway, made of twisted black steel.

"First level of the Infernis. Not that there's ever an official border. Watch your step. Floors uneven here."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Once more into the pits.   Thu 29 Jul - 0:34

*she tried not to but... The giggle happens anyway she bounced a moment grinning behind her rebreather.. her eyes having no trouble in the dark she looked around and shifted again. She tried to stay calm but she was excited. She wanted to see Scythain. And she was getting bored. She had been behaving for days now. She wanted to play.

She wished roth was here he would let her play. She sighed and began to walk off the lift following others. She did take a moment to let the ether open and show her if there was any danger ahead. ((precog)) she didn't realize it but she was humming again.. but this time it was soft low..and a bit..ominous.. D has heard that tune before.

she kept close to her companions strolling along in her odd sort of way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 0:43

D immediately starts making himself at home (mentally). The uneven floor, the dim light, the shadows... All of it could be used against him. Not what he wants. He breathes the thought, 'Am I paranoid', but quickly gets the response of, "No! And don't EVER question us again!"

But it all serves a purpose. He knows he would take advantage of these things. And these scum are no different. He only hope their goal is not ... hungry ... when they find him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 2:01

Xerxes meanwhile prepares himself physically and mentally as they travel down the shaft. Loosening his clothing he prepares to throw them off if he needs to disappear in a hurry. Putting on his body suit hood and rebreather, he pulls the hood of his cloak up, hiding the hood from view. His muscles loosen and contract systematically as he stretches each individual muscle group. His stance remains fluid and loose, ready to move whichever way is necessary. His hands move quickly checking his weapons to make sure they are set. He closes his eyes momentarily and takes in the reports his other senses are telling him. He feels the heat wash over him, noticing the slight increases in tempature as they occur. His nostrils take in the scent of the scrubbers in the rebreathers as they filter and recycle the air. His ears take in the steady 'clank' as the elevator moves down the shaft.

The gangs down here will be rough, but if Verbal has paid his dues they should let us walk right through. But better to be safe than sorry.

He looks over at Scythia, a small smile growing behind his mask.

I hope she's up for this, if not, my job will be much harder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 12:03

((hehehehe its so cute that he worries!.. He has NO idea!)) *as they step out into the tunnels she begins to use her powers.. quietly trying to only sense a little in front.. but since it was to hard to controll the distance ahead she was scanning.. she only did that once in a while.. but she does use her precog.. sunstaining it as they walked along.. watching the world happen a few moments before it actually does.. Giggling.. such a funny way to see the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 12:38

Xerxes steps out of the elevator and into the dim lit halls ready for anything. The floor is uneven, the shadows deep. Mentally he plays the scenario out in his head.

Perfect place for an ambush. Strike from over there, quickly and quietly, while the targets are backlit and still adjusting to the change in light. Drag the bodies into cover so they don't attract immediate attention from others coming down the elevator. And prepare for the next group. It would only work if you knew when they were coming though, say someone gave them notice.

Xerxes turns to look at Verbal and his crew. "This is your court not ours, we good to go?" He asks pleasantly.

I really hope he doesn't betray us right now. If he does, he's a deadman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 14:51

Verbal nods, and takes point, Red slightly behind, Dakka in the rear.

He leads the party quickly through a number of twisting passages; always heading lower. Sometimes you're walking through twisted corridors, or small flights of steps, othertimes sliding down piles of rubble, or slipping through gaps in the sub level, barely big enough to fit through. But always you're heading lower.

It's been close to an hour now, and you haven't heard nor seen another soul...
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 14:53

Xerxes remains constantly alert and aware of his surroundings.

"Hey Verbal, don't the gangs usually patrol their territory? How come we haven't seen any?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 15:11

"I'm not taking you by the usual routes. Trying to stay out of the way, keep you lot out of trouble. Still.... Can't pretend like it doesn't concern me too. I'm never this lucky. Which makes me think this may be the other kind of luck. Keep on your toes, I'm not sure if it means anything or not... Alright. We're almost there. Let's hurry this up."

Verbal picks up the pace, moving through a particularly badly damanged bit of corridor, hanging out over the side of the crater. At the end of this, there's what appears to be a vault, built into the mountain side, a large steel door covering it. He stops before it.

"Remember, I'm just taking you to your answers, and back up. I can't make any promises as to what those answers'll be." He nods, and turns the handle on the door, pulling it aside. Himself and Red step into the vault. Dakka sits down on the floor and unslings his gun from his back. Humming softly to himself, he begins setting up the tri pod, and the belt fed ammo box, sitting so as to have a clear line of fire down the long corridor over the crater.
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 15:18

Xerxes steps cautiously into the vault after Red and Verbal, preparing himself for anything. He scans the room quickly noting entrances, exits, ambush points, and so on.

It's coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 16:38

*she didn't even seem to notice the time pass.. as she walked half in ether.. But then she didn't really notice when she wasn't either... when they started to speak she smiled but keep her thoughts to herself.. When Red began to hum and load up his gun she smiled and whispered a bit of good luck over his head.. (lucky) she made a little gesture and followed in smiling brightly*"sometimes the ether just has a way about it."she said following in taking a deep sigh and shifts a bit...

Those that knew her.. knew the shifting was because she kept trying to make the dress or long skirt..she wasn't wearing swish.. or the extra little steps were to make her shoes click.. neither of which were happening at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 17:41

Right then, this is where we stop. The voice comes from Red, not male at all. I push the visor up, the hood back, shake out my hair though I leave the rebreather on. The full reveal would be more dramatic, but I like my lungs better than that. Now it's time for you to answer some questions. My hand isn't on the handle of my gun, yet, exactly, but I know that in a shoot out between me and them, I'd be hard pressed to win. I'm tense with the knowledge but trying hard not to show it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: du du duuummmm!   Thu 29 Jul - 19:26

*and as if nothing at all was happening she tilts her head*"umm Didn't we do that already?"she looked genuinely confused*"ohh wait is this one of those.. 'or else' kind of deals?'she woould have flung her cloak back and put her hands on her hips if she been able to wear her own cloths.. But instead she just push back her hood and looked at the woman tapping her foot Impatiently*

"Look I don't have time for this.. I need to find my faithful. So hurry up would you."she doesn't realize that frist and stops*"Ohh wait.. your scarlet.."she rolls her eyes and bonks herself on the head*"Ohh I get it.. right.. ok... But I thought we were suppose to ask you questions not the other way around.."she stepped up and put her hand on Xerxes as if to make sure he was pulled back*"fine ask.. what do you want to know.. and please remember I am on a bit of a time table here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 29 Jul - 20:16

Xerxes stops mid-stride the moment Rad/Scarlet speaks. His hand glides quickly back to the handle of his power sword, but he doesn't draw. His other hand spreading back to make sure he had Scy covered. Funnily enough he looks pretty heroic, for an assassin that is.

Grunting he says, "You want to explain first why you dragged us all the way down here."

If I move quickly they won't know what hit them, but there is that goon back there with the gun. Hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   

Back to top Go down

7.19 Three new arrivals
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next