Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scythia
Career Path: Imperial Psyker

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sun 1 Aug - 17:13

*she smiled softly some of the pain inside pushing back as her resolve strengthens and looks xerxes and then scarlet. she rests a hand on xerxes hand giving it a squeeze taking a deep breath as she moved closer to scarlet slowly gracefully with her strange walk moving to right in front of her*"Please.. did he leave a message? Did he tell you anything about me? If he did then you know I will not stop. I will get him back. Please tell me where they are keeping him"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Mon 2 Aug - 16:16

From near the door, a voice speaks up, one that's been uncharacteristically silent.

"The Moritat... Tough customers. Death cult. Fond of their knives, and fanatics, every one of them. They've a temple in Hive Sibellus. I don't know precisely where, I'm sorry. But the temple in Hive Sibellus is by the admittedly few accounts I've heard, a major one. I don't know what you plan to do, and I don't WANT to know what you plan to do. But I'll tell you this: If you're dealing with the Moritat, be cautious. And don't let any get close to you, it's said every one of them is a blade master."

Verbal nods. "I'm sorry I can't do more for you. I'll wait outside. When you're ready to return to the surface, let me know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Xerxes
Career Path: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Mon 2 Aug - 16:38

"How big is this cult?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse
Career Path: Scum

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Mon 2 Aug - 21:00

"Cult? What cu...OOOHH!!! The Moritat. They are the blade of the empire. Since they only take the very best, they are shockingly few in numbers; about one per thousand space marines. So, I'd guess a couple million. Maybe a billion. Tops."
He was calm and serious. There was a notable LACK of joking in his voice. Still, he seemed resolute to what he had said earlier.
"Eldar had this horendous THING called a Death Jester assassin. It could kiss a Void Shielded tank to death. These guys... Just as bad. Some say worse, but I like being only semi-liguid on the inside, even if the liquid portion is streaming out. They ARE as dangerous as they sounded. Precise to a level you will never begin to understand. They want you to die fast, your nerve stop. They want you to die slow; you just can't stop the bleeding... even psychically."
"...and I'm calling them heretics over this... Maybe I'll tone that back from all to just the unit involved..."

'...D?... Your suicide is showing'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Tue 3 Aug - 2:39

From the corner, Sneak speaks.

"You're considerin' robbin' a moritat temple? By the Throne, what are you getting me into? This.. this is foolish. Fuck, it's suicidal!"

She sighs.

"They'll bleed the whole lot of you, then where will that leave you? And this Scythan?" She shakes her head slowly.

"I'm askin' you not to do this. You know what will happen if you go. But if you must... I'll guide you as far as Hive Sibellus.. but I'll be leaving you there. I'll not be guiding you to your deaths."
Back to top Go down
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Tue 3 Aug - 9:44

*turns to sneak and smiles softly*"its alright sneak.. do you know what happens when you burn a moritat.."she waited just a moment and waves a hand*"the same thing that happens to anyone else. its alright.. besides.. If we can get Roth back in time we may not need to do nearly all that.. Or may be D can just become one of them and go get it for us.. There are other options besides my bursting into flames and letting my holy fire burn the very ether around them. "she smiles a bit as she imagines it but then grows serious again looking at sneak*

*she sighs a bit*"sneak I must try to do something for him.. just as I would try and save you. No matter what."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Tue 3 Aug - 11:33

Xerxes looks at D quizically. "These Death Jester assassins you mentioned? You said they turn you to liquid on the inside huh? How do they do that?" Unconciously he touches the device strapped to his arm.

Maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Tue 3 Aug - 20:55

Look, you can't assault this temple. I saw what one of their lesser trained ones did, and she was bad enough just on her own. A whole group of them, you couldn't kill them fast enough. And let's get one other thing straight, I was NOT in love with him. You can't love someone like that. But he rescued me when no one else could and I owe him for that. Even if he only kept me around as a sometimes useful pet and emergency rations. Un-fucking-believeable. Assault a Moritat strong hold? This woman is beyond off her tits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: *C*R*A*P* - Someone FINALLY called me on it...   Tue 3 Aug - 22:58

"Uhh... ergh... eh.?." For the first time EVER, someone called D on his BSing. It wasn't even intentional. It seemed like a truly honest question. "I, uh... I dunno. They say that the kiss of a Death Jester liquifies people and things. That's all I know. Really."

He had lost his thoughts when that was asked. He had started to laugh... started to grin... but now, he looked lost. And, homeless.
He turns to Sneak and smiles, "You'd take us to Syb with all this? Wow. That is loyalty. I don't suspect anyone here fancies being the stick-doll of the Moritat. And telling it straight... I like ya; you're a good kid."

His face loses the rare happiness it had begun to show. And, at least he was right about one thing... nobody seemed to care that he was in league with the inquisition. "Look, I know it's insane. Just look at who wants to go. But, if she's going, I'm going to help. I'm not sure how much good that'll do. I mean... Syb is my people. But these guys aren't. And, I can't pull off that extreme of a character. They don't even hire janitors, so I can't get any easy-ins. And, if they are IN the city... I wouldn't-... no... I couldn't do one of those crazy almost seige like stunts. They'll never know we are coming, the inquisition proper will not bother us... I might be able to get some supplies, but probably not even a get-away car. Well, not the driver."
"If we don't raid them, then they are not Heretics. After we do, then they will have been so. That's how it works, you know. We could definately use more help... If going there is what I am needed for, that's where I'll be... I know it's asking for it, in a huge way, but this is why the few friends I have lift me so high."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 4 Aug - 2:27

I turn to D. I'm not sure my face has ever registered this look before. It feels like a cross between the surprise bestowed on truly loony street preachers and heaps of garbage filled with human body bits. On second thought, my face probably did make this same look the day I realized what they were feedin us on that ship. Have you completely lost your thrice blessed mind?!!!???!?!!? That is the worst idea I have ever heard. You're going to pretend that a cult of the God Emporor with more fanaticism than sense is sudenly branded a bunch of heritics, and you honestly think you're going to get a sizeable enough chunck of your Inquisition budies to go along with this on just your say so?!!?!?!??? Or better yet, we'll just grab a bunch of stormers on the way in and watch them get sliced to ribbons? You really think you can explain all that away?

I turn to Xerxes and Scythia, not really caring about volume or facial expression anymore. Moritat may burn real pretty, and I can't say I wouldn't like to see a certain one go up in flames, but you cannot just waltz in there with your crazy bitch self and win. You are not an army, and neither is that trussed up fancy pants you've got tailing you. What special brand of crazy are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: special K brand of crazy!   Wed 4 Aug - 13:20

*she looked at scarlet*"they said the same thing when I watlz in to a full charge of a complete contigent of Dark eldar attackers..or when I went head to head against a demon. or took out Rhykkus and his two untouchables."

"they want people to BELIEVE they can't be defeated because then no one ever has the balls to try.. But they are flesh and blood just like anyone else.. I can even destroy things that aren't flesh and blood. Now... Our time is up.. D.. we will discuss plans later.. But I agree we need more help."

*she sighs and looks at the room*"we need to get word to roth some how.. He will be able to help.. also we will see if we can't find some more help. We should go check with ((insert name of the little kid.. Aurua and guardian)) They know alot of people on the hertics list.. I am sure we can get somone"*

she pats sneak on the head*"its ok.. don't worry. I promise not to do anything to foolish.. If I am to react my full potienal I have to survive."*she gives her a wink and a nod**"If I intend to destroy the god emperor and his evil minions then I had better be able to deal with his assasins.."*

she looks at xerxes and then at D*"and on that thought we need to get moving.. I am not certain who they would have sent but i am sure they are near. we should get moving."
With eyes on scarlet she nods*"thank you fot helping Scythan.."she smiles*"maybe you didn't love him.. But you were his friend.. and we all need those.. Even somone like him"
"we best get moving..this place is a death trap..I can escape but I can't space slip anytihng but myself." She looks at Scarlet*"You are welcome to come with us.. If you don't I suggest when they come you tell them everything you know.. they will hurt you less."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 4 Aug - 13:34

Xerxes looks at D with a dejected look when he answers his question with a shrug and an 'I don't know.'

Kiss, at least that's something.

"I know what they mean D."

As the conversation continues around him, he seems lost in thought, Death Jester, is that what I killed? Liquify someone's insides, I mean, that's what this thing does. Moritat bitches, I'd like to try my blade against theirs. Death cult, pah, little children playing at warriors. It's time to grow up kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 4 Aug - 22:18

"The more fanatical, the more audacious. I am not making this crap up. Yes, they can be branded Heretics... but as I said.. not until AFTER they are raided. No help from any inquisitors, here. Let's look at this:" D starts to walk back the way they can in. He knows how quickly and easily scorn can be thrown around. Still, nobody, anywhere, would dare stand against them. This fear would certainly back his story once completed.
"Scythan was redeemed, to some degree, by an acolyte of special note. Even though he was far from pure, he willingly and intentionally left the blessing of the dark gods. This, no doubt, pissed off said gods. When you anger chaos gods, they will go to great lengths to 'vent their anger'. They don't like being mad long."
"So, ten thousand years ago, the chaos gods started infiltrating the human and the eldar by afflicting weapons infused with certain power. One type is a soul weapon. They are considered... marginal at best. To craft one pushes the envelope of heresy even if you first get permission of the council. Keeping one... that's pushing it even more. Forging it from a soul that was open to the dark gods for a time in the presence of demonic forces of chaos... Umm... I think the envelope just dissappeared into the warp."
"Loyalty is independent of heresy. I would NEVER question their willingness to serve. However, they are not renowned as scholars of the nether. It can easily be presented that the dark gods triggered this attack, with or without the moritat's concurrance, in order to obtain their revenge. Think of how powerful the weapon was... How much does the Moritat gain by having it. I can prove temptation, and the temptings of a demon are not easily detected. Not even by a psychic. They could have been tricked into working with the Legion. What better temptation for people so insanely loyal than the belief that they are serving the emperor?"
"...and they gained from it. They were feared enough before, but now, they have a soul weapon that was the only defense against this horde. How powerful does that make them? At this point, even the inquisition can not question them with any measure of security. In fact, can the imperial council even make them do something, with another empowered weapon at their disposal? Could the empire survive any measure of civil war now, while our most foul enemies are already deep in our borders? Of course not... So, the moritat steal more power from the God Emperor."
"The entirety of the Moritat are not to blame. This is where we MIGHT find allies... that, or find me bled. This singular group acted without contacting the council. They clearly didn't contact the rest of the Moritat. They fell victim of demonic temptation. You can't even blame them, but now, they keep the result of it, and the power. There-in lies the heresy. Further, they have removed our ability to study the Dark Eldar post redemption, to see what changes will occur, but that was in the thrall of demonic influence. If they give me the blade, the Heresy ends. If the rest of the Moritat encourage them to do so, they are free from involvement in the heresy. If they do not..."

D gets a grim look. It is as if he is looking into his own grave. He rants no further...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 4 Aug - 23:02

*she pulls sneak along with her.. as they turn and start heading out*"thank you scarlet.. remember you may come with us if you like."
She followed D listening and nodding a bit*"we will figure something out.. their corruption and evil must be stopped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 4 Aug - 23:03

Quietly, from the corner, with no small amount of awe, Sneak speaks.

"You are a very dangerous man, Mr. D."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Wed 4 Aug - 23:11

Well fuck me sideways, you might actually have a plan that would work. I get up out of the chair and start to follow them out. They're going to need a guid out of here anyway. Verbal, tell H I'll be back for my bike a little later. I have some things to deal with first. And if he's nice I'll convicne these yahoos to let him see the blade. He'd like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 5 Aug - 10:28

*she looks at everyone sa they show their surpise and walks up to D Putting and arm around him as he walks*"
"awww look what you did... You stood out and let everyone see you.. So determined.. So smart, SO dangerous."

*she pinched his shoulder*"I thought I was the only one who got to see you."she teasingly gave him another hug grining just a bit as she whispered*"you wouldn't want to make me jealous would you.. "

*inwardly she snickered.. e]]That will freak him out no end! [/i] She knew D was afraid of her.. well of what she might do.. he always warned people about her.. She wondered what he would do if he thought for just a moment he was a target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 5 Aug - 14:35

Xerxes looks at D with growing respect. "Sounds like something my father would cook up." He smiles admiringly, for him that's a very great compliment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Thu 5 Aug - 16:59

Verbal nods. "Aye, I'll take the message straight off, I'm sure H. will be just thrilled to see me again so soon." He smiles wryly "Take care of yourself Scarlet. I'd be most upset if you went and turned your pretty self into a Moritat pincushion. As for the rest of you.. " he bows "Take good care of each other, and remember: If it comes to fightin' don't let the Moritat get close to you. Best to kill them a long way off, though I still don't like your chances." He looks at everyone quite seriously for a moment, then nods. "Scarlet knows the way back. If you lot need anything else, you know how to find me." He opens his mouth as if to say something else, then seems lost for a moment. He nods once more and leaves.

Outside the saferoom Dakka picks up his Stubber, slinging it across his back, packing the tripod, and slinging the ammo belts over his shoulder. He looks in at you, his face still hidden by shroud, respirator and visor. He stands motionless for a moment, pondering his words carefully.

"Luck." he says finally. He nods sagaciously and turns without another word, picking up his gear and heading off after Verbal.
Back to top Go down
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Is that a blush.?. Or is the rebreather too tight?   Thu 5 Aug - 22:02

"Dangerous? Of course I'm dangerous. I'm already dead," D starts off with a tone as if stating the obvious. "I am the empire's equivalent to a Enxali. They caught me, and assigned me a death sentence." He smiles, and adds warmly, "And, this is it!"
"... and that whole spiel is true. It is my duty, per that death sentence." His voice became more serious at that. He then cheered back up. "She's the real star, here. She's the key to surviving this crap. I can just get us so deep in the Nergalic excriment that we have no choice but to prevail. That's what I do best. ...I am not loyal to the inquisition," he confessed, "but I am far from a heretic. I only go for the big heresies. I figure... my penalty will be over sooner that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Fri 6 Aug - 19:21

*she smiles and pecks D cheek*'thats My D" she said simply and headed down the hall and back up top*
"Ohh and verbal I won't be upset when You tell them what we did here.. it would be better if you did.. When they come.. cooperate.. tell them I threaten you.. or hurt you or something."she waves a hand*

"whatever keeps them from hurting you to much" and waves a bit to them*"OHHH and you have to clear you weapons I jammed them when we came in.. they won't fire until you clear the chambers."

*she smiled brightly at them and wave*"thats you too scarlet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sat 7 Aug - 21:13

Xerxes smiles at Scythia and D, of course they had it handled, "It was nice meeting you Verbal, you have a wonderful evening."

They'll dig out all the information from him that they can and toss him away like so much garbage. We'd best move quickly. And I can't tell Scythia till we're away or else she might try and save him from our pursuers.

Catching up to the departing Scythia, he smiles down at her and puts his arm around her shoulder. Leaning down, he whispers into her ear as she's walking away. "You're marvelous, darling." He smiles and chuckles, a suggestive twinkle in his eye. "I look forward to the day that we can take a short break." Moving his arm down he wraps it around her waist and walks next to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   Sun 8 Aug - 4:06

Scarlet quickly leads you back the way you came, moving confidently from one level to the next. Your passage through the Infernis has been mostly uneventful.. In the distance you hear gunfire however. A gang war, more territory changing hands. At least that explains the dearth of people on this level. It doesn't look good for Verbal though. By the time he comes back up, he may have to talk fast to deal with a new gang.

Ofcourse that's the least of his problems.

When you reach the surface, the question becomes, where to now? As you move away from the lift, you see a "small" crowd (this is a hive after all, small is relative) gathered outside The Vault. The huge vault door is closed, for the first time in memory. A small detachment of PDF troops has arrived in a patrol vehicle. Their seargent is gesturing the crowd away, and it complies, melting away into the streets.

A dozen whispers. Dead, they say. Three of them, all disfigured. One missing his eyes, and the Bartender drowned in his one of his own kegs. And this the good part of the lower hive.

You may need to find another place to drink.

Back to top Go down
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Bio-weapon markings? In a HIVE?!?   Sun 8 Aug - 16:28

Before leaving, D wants to pass on a partial report through Verbal. He can drop it anywhere (even in the trash), but it can save him a little pain if they find him.
"Soloman, you genius! You were right. I am on the trail. I need more information. Who am I helping, and who am I stalking? Is this a single run or a multiple?" Short and simple. It, also, doesn't reveal anything.

"So, Scarlet," he says, still fidgetting with the canteens he took out on the lift, "Do you have any friendly contacts you want rid of?" He slaps on one final bio-hazard sticker, and starts a count-down chronometer.
His final step is to don his service cloak and shoulders, and, what the hey, he even puts on the cap this time...
...D -looks- like an inquisitor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: ok.. lets pretend you have that little voice in your head.    Sun 8 Aug - 16:47

Scythia was enjoying the trip back up to the surface.. smiling softly and humming along and suddenly stops and tilts her head slightly as if listening to something her brow furrows and she looks.....worried?!
in a rather urgerent voice*"Ok.. I don't care how we do it we have to get off this rock now. Sneak.. if things get bad you get away from me You too Xerxes you two can disppear in this place and get back to malifa as quick as you can."she checks to make sure her blade is secure.*"I just got word the man they have sent after me is.... bad.."she said and she looks concerned. the humming stops and she picks up the pace her strides long and purposeful. apound reaching the surface she makes sure her hair and skin are hidden. She glances over at the mess at vault and sighs*"we have to hurry.. he is way closer then I thought he would be at this point, D I know you have a plan.. lets get it into motion."

Damn that was alot faster then I thought.. and I didn't even burn anyone.. I wonder who he is.. damn asshat must be here... He said 'he has arrived here' so he must be on planet.. if he thinks that hunter is evil he must be awful. hmmmm I helped him.. its about time he returned the favor. They must have sent a serious witchhunter after me. Xerxes is really gonna wish he had charged more then 1000 for this. he must be pyshic if he could have sensed me. I need to make sure I learn how to better sheild my mind.. this could be really bad for this planet if he finds me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7.19 Three new arrivals   

Back to top Go down

7.19 Three new arrivals
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next