Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scythia
Career Path: Imperial Psyker

PostSubject: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sat 14 Aug - 18:18

when the humming stopped that she began to weep.. quietly softly putting her head on her folded arms shoulders shaking.. she wept.. castles built in the air.. fortesses built on sand.. shadows and dust.. all the dreams that kept the pain and loneliness at bay... when others were sad they would think back on happier times. she had few of those kinds of memories.
nothing to comfort her over the loss of scythan.. her dark dangerous scythan.

Like a child whose Dog had been killed she wept. She couldn't go home.. what little home she had. her friends were not her friends anymore. And the comfort of believing she was invivciable... unstopable.. a dark god reborn was being dashed against the rocks of reality. She didn't remember how to cope with such loss.. where others learn how to live with such things as a child she had no such memories. No such expereince to fall back on. death was always hard on a child. It was the frist time somone improtant to her had died. She didn't know what to do.. even with the slim impossible chance of resuce what could she really do. So she wept.. until the tears ended. and sniffled. Maybe it was maddness.. but what other hope did she have to cling to. Such Mad hope. She had come this far.. she couldn't give up now. She couldn't quit.. May you die but your will never be broken. She had to believe there was a purpose to it all.. To her powers.. to the lost of her past.. To scythan..to the inquistion. That the fire burned for a reason.. otherwise then she may as well join the ranks of chaos. She may be mad, She may be scoicopathic.. but she didn't wish to be a follower of chaos.. She didn't wish to be a villian. She wanted to be someone nebula could look up to.. Someone Sneak could rely on. But perphas it wasn't the right path for her.

Fire could do more then destroy. it could keep people warm..cook food. light the way, keep animals and the darkness at bay.. didn't that mean she could too.

It was a while of these kinds of thoughts.. thoughts of the world.. her place in it.. what it all meant.. it was a hard reality to look at. perphas thats why she spent so much time playing in the madness of her own thoughts.. The madness was kinder. she stayed there for a Time with her head down on the table eyes open but thoughts elsewhere.. tearstains streaking her face.. growing up was so hard to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: D'Jeh'Aemme Deirusse
Career Path: Scum

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sat 14 Aug - 18:54

D has delved into his papers and message discs, and the like. He had to do this right. How do you tell the most loyal that their members may be their own antithesis... Most loyal... and most deadly.

He would occasionally look up from his work to flick some tiny object; a peanut, a fleck of wood, etc, at Scythia, trying to distract her from her thoughts. It had worked for Nebula... it might work for her.

His worries were not for himself. He knew the risks, but what did they matter? They weren't even that heavily for Scythia. If D was wrong... she was the worst thing this empire has ever seen. Himself... He was dead, the man who killed him dead and returned. There was going to be NO escape for poor D. Even death offered no consolation. Scarlet and Xerxes didn't deserve what he might bring down on all of them.

"Hey, Scarlet? What's a gentler way to say the word, 'Heretic'?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sat 14 Aug - 21:25

Ummmmmmm.... I don't know if there's a gentler way to say it. Rehabilitation opportunity? I rub the back of my neck. We really need to be moving on before the day is out. otherwise, we're going to lose our chance. i should find out how ged's doing on booking us passage and new idents. we can't stay planetside much longer if we want to get off this rick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sun 15 Aug - 13:54

*Scythia sits up and straightens her dress a bit and goes over to the food to pick at it*"try Non Conformist.. Or maybe indepenent thinker.."she smirks*'thats what they used to call me."
She looks at scarlet a moment*"I should not have lost my temper with you. I was alone for a long time, sometimes I get confused. the things they did to me make my mind wander.. it takes some time to get it all back from the ether."she gives a little bow*"thank you, I am much more myself now.".

*she looks at D*'there are places I can go for help once we are off this world. but I can't tell you D. because I can't let you report it to the inquistion. If Flavious thinks that there is a chance I might not be rougue he may try to cover up what happened..or maybe make some alternative arrangements. We must be very careful.. The man that is hunting me seems to be a untouchable.. if my source is to be trusted. which means I won't be able to hurt him. not without collateral damage. If I have to use my powers to fight it could result in a great deal of innocent death. I can't be certain childeren wouldn't be hurt. the bonus is..if he is untouchable that means he can't track me pyshicly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sun 15 Aug - 14:13

"Non Conformist. That's the one."
"... and how much do you remember of your inquisition training? Collateral damage is expected. Try to keep itunder, say, five million people. We should be fine."

D, unfortunately, was the one that the masses had good reason to fear. He understood all to well that, in order to help them, some of them may have to die. Growing up on a hive, he learned that there are about a million times as many people as there need to be. So, logically, if you kill one million innocents to stop one bad guy or save one good guy, you are doing just fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: And they worry about Me?    Sun 15 Aug - 14:20

*she shrugs*"I will do my best D.. but maybe you shouldn't crash any fuel tankers into the space port. Maybe my thuoght of highjacking a space cruiser is lower profile then what you planning."she teased and shrugs a bit*"I don't like hurting childeren D.. they haven't had time to become corrupt or committ evil. I would preffer not having to endanger them. But I know nothing about how to sneak off a planet.. So I will leave it up to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sun 15 Aug - 22:41

well, she said she was sorry. i nod understanding, but there's not much i can say. what in the three hells have i gotten myself into with this? we shouldn't have to do much in the way of sneaking if ged comes through. new look, new name, new identi-card. you can walk onto that liner smooth as you please and not have anyone think to look twice. course back up plans aren't a bad thing to have... i let my voice trail off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Mon 16 Aug - 11:51

*she shurgs a bit*"Maybe. But only so much can be done with my apperance.. A change of hair color isn't going to do me any good. I am blue and almost 3 meters tall. Not to mention my face is branded with the mark of the impryium pskyer. so we may as well just put me in a some kinda of full disguise.. Maybe some sort of suit with a helm? something like that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Mon 16 Aug - 17:34

*she gets something to eat and has a seat.. with a yawn and strech she moves to a seat and puts her head back her eyes drifting close as she lets herself drift off into a light sleep. getting her rest while she can*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Mon 16 Aug - 22:15

can't sleep, the dark will eat me..... i'm pacing and restless. and all ged had to eat was some meat of questionable origin. i'd kill for some alge cubes right now. i try not to drum my fingers on the table while i'm sitting, or scrape the chair too much when i get up. caged, caged, caged.... i try to do some breathing exercises, but they're not really doing the trick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Mon 16 Aug - 22:52

D's corpse passes along a few requests of almost everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Tue 17 Aug - 10:27

*perphas the ether buzzed with Scarlet energy perphas she heard the pacing either Scythia looks up at scarlet looking frantic with a yawn and sighs a bit shaking her head*"You will wear yourself out that way. "she said simple and dug around in her bag till she pulled out some of the dried rations she had.. eating the dried meat and chewing on it.. and she pulled out the small game that D had gotten for her to keep her entertained on the long trips. the ball that had to roll threw the maze as it tilted and not fallin the holes.. Labyrinth*"here.. This used to help me settle when I was feeling anxious. And it works hand and eye corridination."she smiles bright and cheerful.*"not to mention the metaphor is pretty good to. you can give it back to me when we leave.I will need it back on the ship."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Update...   Thu 19 Aug - 18:57

As the night passes plans are made, and a disguise forged.

When Xerxes returns with Sneak he finds a dramatically different group of people than the ones he'd left the previous day.

Scythia isn't recognizable beneath her full carapace armor. As Xerxes returns she's clattering about the back rooms of the Blue Lantern adopting an entirely new way of carrying herself.

Scarlet has shaved her head, and now wears her armor openly, a well-crafted close fitting armor, shiney and a deep blue so dark as to appear black. Some make up has been added as well, in the form of a deep nasty scar across her face.

D meanwhile, is dressed simply in a long fine black duster and waistcoat, his boots polished to a shine, and his hair styled. At his hip is holstered a small elaborate looking las pistol.

Before Xerxes can do much more than marvel at his comrades, Ged is approaching

"Ahh our last two have arrived! We've been waiting. Come, we don't have much time, you'll need to see a tailor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Xerxes
Career Path: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Thu 19 Aug - 19:02

Xerxes looks around at his comrades and laughs, "I know my measurements, that should save you some time." He smiles at Geds. "What about the kid?" He says ruffling her hair, he looks at Scythia and winks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Thu 19 Aug - 19:30

*she opens her visor and gives a sharp salute in the suit*"hehehe Look I am meat in a can!"she laughs and trys to do as close to a sexy pose as possible*"what do you think? hot stuff. huh."she looks at sneak and her expression goes serious*"I am glad you came back.. "she shifts a bit so she can try and kneel to look sneak in the eye for a moment*"I want you to know..That Im sorry I scared you.. I don't often lose my temper... I get a little confused some times.."she pokes her head. clanging the metal a little*"the stuff the inquistion did scrambles stuff up here some times..and spend so much time with the ether gets confusing, But I am better"and I promise I would protect you.. I would never hurt you."she steped back and let sneak have her space..she could accept the words or not.. but she needed to say them all the same.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 1:32

Sneak listens, and nods "I believe you. But we have to work together now. And don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."

Ged watches and taps his chin. "You're too underfed to be a noble, so we can't pass you off as family. You don't move the right way neither. Well... If his lordship is going to go hunting, he's going to need someone to carry his equipment, his guns, whatever. You'll be a porter.. A servant, basically"

Ged turns back to Xerxes. "And how good of you to join us, Aldus. Why doesn't your lordship go upstairs and wash the hive off him, and I'll speak to your tailor."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 1:46

Your Lordship... *snort* damn, try again. Your Lordship... my eye twitches as i try not to laugh. the words feel wrong in my mouth. hadn't figured on that. Your Lordship... better, less forced. eye still twitching though. gonna have to practice. Your Lordship...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 11:43

"Yes, I think it's about time I washed this filth off of me." His inflection and tone becoming more dignified, his posture growing upright. Years of training and growing up as the son of a noble, and from being one himself has taught him the appropriate stylings and mannerisms of lords. He begins walking purposefully upstairs, a distasteful grimace on his face as he examines the filthy clothes he's currently wearing.

Ugh, this again? I hope it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 13:00

*she just outright laughs and has to wipe her eye a little*"yes yes.. the prince must go wash."she snickers and goes back to her strutting around seeming to have fun with it.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 14:13

With a sniff, he walks upstairs to the shower. "Perhaps my guards need a lesson in manners." He says as a parting jibe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 15:57

you know, it's probably not a good idea for you to laugh in his face once we're out and about. trust me. or maybe she should just be silent. she's supposed to be a man, but that voice is to high to be any kind of man...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wombat
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 17:19

"His lordship can EASILY afford replacements." It came out the right way straight out the box. "Okay, we look ready to roll. Xerxes... I have a 'present' for you once we're off, k?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 17:21

"I do enjoy presents." He chuckles, as he disappears upstairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mousefriend
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Fri 20 Aug - 18:59

*she nods a bit*"I do intend to pretend I am mute.. it will just be safer that way.. Most of the time in these sorts of situations I don't speak until its time to hurt somone."she shurgs a bit and nods to D*"He used to say that I was more intimidating that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    Sat 21 Aug - 2:31

"It's true. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for. Like Verbal. He talks because it's a good cover; someone talks that much, people think they don't have stuff to hide. It earns trust, sets people at ease.. least, those not smart enough to spot it for what it is, which I bet most folks ain't. But the quiet ones... Could be thinking anything. They seem serious, all business, or unpredictable." As Sneak peels off her coat and inspects the clothes Ged has left for her. She turns to Scythia with a small smile "You'll make one bleeding scary mute in that tin can, Lady. Least as long as you don't tip over."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Geds. the nowish time.    

Back to top Go down

At Geds. the nowish time.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next