Go down 
AuthorMessage
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet
Character Name: All the King's Men
Career Path: NPC

PostSubject: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 15:38

Top of the stairs, end of the hall. And careful. She made a point of sayin' she don't want visitors.

The words from the woman at the entrance to the cheap pre-fab housing block. Xerxes can only hope they were worth the price tag.
A plain Iron door marks the end of the hallway.

The hallway is noisy, the cheap thin walls barely providing a barrier between units. Xerxes pauses here, considering his approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://heretics.forumotions.net
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet
Character Name: Xerxes
Career Path: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 16:08

Xerxes carefully and quietly stalks down the empty hallway and stops about ten meters from the door that was indicated to him. He quickly assesses the situation.

Apartment blocks, rundown, cheap living.

He approaches the door once more, and knocks, quietly, before listening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 16:44

Silence. Well at least from within. Xerxes waits at the door for a long moment, and begins to consider whether he should knock again, or have a chat with the woman downstairs, when something hard and round presses into his back, on his right side, angled up.

"I traded rooms with the fellow two doors down. I was wondering if you'd come by."
a pause "How much did the woman downstairs charge you?"

Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 16:53

Xerxes smiles, "20, and I came alone." He raises his hands slowly showing the kid that they are empty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 17:02

a small sigh from behind you.

"I told her not to accept less than 40. Hello Mr. Xerxes."
The gun is removed. "You may as well come in."

Sneak points you towards an open door behind you. The room inside could be more accurately called a compartnment. A very small room, it has a fold down bed on the left side, and a fold down table on the right. There's a chair between the two, and a locker beneath the bed. Another is attached to the wall above the table. Her backpack rests on the bed. Full. She hadn't even started unpacking yet.

She hops up on the bed.

"So... Is everyone okay?"
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 17:07

Xerxes walks into the room and plops down on the pull out bed. "Yeah, tensions were high for a moment or two, right about the time you left, but things have calmed down significantly. Scarlet is pissed off at Scy, D is well I guess D, and Scythia is feeling exceedingly guilty and sad about her actions. But other than that, everyone seems fine. How are you doing?" He looks over at the young girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 17:16

She nods.

"Doing okay. I figure I've got enough to get me by for another 3 months or so before I have to start worrying. Pinching purses ain't gonna pay much of the bills though. Everyone here is packing"
she smiles "I'll probably have to learn a new trade."

"Can I ask you somethin'? All that Scy was sayin'. 'Bout...
" she pauses and then lowers her voice "being a God. Do you think...? Well I don't know.. what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Mon 16 Aug - 17:26

Xerxes chuckles, "You believe in the God Emporer don't you? Who's to say whether she's just another kook or whether she's the genuine article." He smiles caringly at the little girl. "I believe she has power, and lots of it. I believe that she is exceedingly naive about the universe, but deep down I think she is a genuinely good person who wants to help people. That's what I believe, that and I have a contract to protect her." He winks at the little one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Tue 17 Aug - 14:32

Sneak nods, staring down at her shoes contemplatively.
"That's right, a contract. 1000 a month." she pauses "Do you think you can trust her? I mean.. what if she loses it again like she did on Ms. Scarlet? That was... well. Scary." She stands up off the bed and rummages through her pack, pulling out a battered old ration bar. She splits in half and offers half to Xerxes. It doesn't look terribly appetizing.
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Tue 17 Aug - 14:45

"I trust her not to attack me, if that's what you mean." He takes the half that's offered to him, "What about you kid? You have any interest in sticking with us for a bit? I know it was scary, so I'd understand if you opted not to." He smiles warmly, the ration bar held lightly in his hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Tue 17 Aug - 15:11

*she considers this, chewing her half of the ration bar, she makes a face* "Well... I don't want to be living off these for the rest of my life, that's for sure..." She looks at you thoughtfully "Allright. One condition. Teach me to do what you do." She folds her arms decisively. "Even if I don't make no thousand thrones a month, it's better than what I'd get lifting purses. And if things fall out, I have a new skill I can work. If we live, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Tue 17 Aug - 15:23

He nods, "Interesting condition. Why that?" He looks at her thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Tue 17 Aug - 18:14

Quietly, "I don't want to live in the under hive forever. Never gonna get out picking pockets and working small jobs. Even if I go back with you, when this is over, I'll be on my own again. Back to living... well.. here, or somewhere like it. 'Sides I'd be good at it. Almost got you in the hallway, right?" She straightens up a little "Just 'cause you knew I wouldn't, doesn't mean I couldn't have!"
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Tue 17 Aug - 22:06

Xerxes laughs, "Kid, if I'd thought for a moment you would have killed me, you'd be a puddle on the floor by now." His words hold no malice, or contempt, just truth. "Besides, have you ever killed a man before, and not for survival, just because? Without rhyme or reason. They've done nothing to you... they could have a family, a daughter your own age, could you really do that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Thu 19 Aug - 18:26

"Have I killed a man before? Yes. Will I kill to get out of the underhive, to eat, to live? Yes. I know the bloodsworn get their contracts from the Senate back on Malfi. So odds are these people aren't no saints. There's not a lot of options for me Mr. Xerxes. I can go back to stealin', I can maybe learn enough to scrape a livin' in a factory if I start soon... Or I could learn to be a bloodsworn." She sighs. "I'm sure it ain't a pleasant job, but that's life. But.. it's up to you. I'll pay you.. with whatever I can get. If you'll give me the chance."

She hops down off the bed and rummages in the locker beneath the bunk. She pulls out a small brown bag. Xerxes hears the jingling of Thrones as she offers it to him.
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Thu 19 Aug - 18:32

He laughs, "Put that away darlin', I was already going to say okay." He smiles at her from the bed. "It's not going to be easy kiddo, and it is going to be very dangerous, if you're up for it, you have yourself a deal." Extending his hand to her, he offers it as a handshake. "With this I swear to teach you how to do what I do, and in return, you will stay with us until such a time as I say you're ready to leave." He winks, "And that means no running away no matter how scared you get. I'll be with you every step of the way, so don't you dare abandon me. Do we have an agreement?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Thu 19 Aug - 18:40

She nods. "I swear. I won't leave you until you say it's time. No runnin' away, no matter what." She shakes your hand, as firmly as she can. And with that, she puts her coat on, grabs her bag and slings it over her shoulder. "Alright. We'd best hurry, no tellin' what trouble Scy'll get into without us there to keep an eye on her."
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Thu 19 Aug - 18:47

Xerxes laughs, "No kidding. Oh, one last thing." His tone becomes very, very serious as he gets up and looks at the young girl. "I'm really glad you decided to come, because if I couldn't have convinced you to come back, Scy wanted me to give you money to go back to Malfi. I swore an oath to you that I would do what was in the best interest of Scy, which means that if you had decided to go your own way, you know too much about her and myself, if the people following us had found you. Let's just say I wouldn't have let them get their hands on you. Do you understand?" His eyes turn cold and heartless, any mirth that was there before is gone and replaced with a cold calculating stare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Admin

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Thu 19 Aug - 19:02

She pauses by the door, watching you, weighing your words. Slowly she nods.

"I understand." She looks around the room one more time, then back at you.

"Let's get going. No reason to stick around here. 'Sides take too much longer the others'll start to think we ain't coming back."
Her voice is serious, a little more grown up. Nothing like the presence of death to inspire a little maturity.
Back to top Go down
Xerxes
Heretic

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   Thu 19 Aug - 19:04

He smiles, "Agreed." His mirth and carefree attitude returning in an instant. With that he walks towards the door and walks out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not until she wants to be found   

Back to top Go down

Not until she wants to be found
Page 1 of 1